Hi Bernd:

Thanks again.  "Obviously"  :-) I intend
> *boot the other partition, and let it become C:

On this machine, that isn't even on the first hard disk.
My boot loader will swap them and make the specific
partition active.  However, when I boot from CD, the
MBR boot loader is bypassed.  Then, when FreeDOS
comes up, it sees the "wrong" C:.

If I hide all of the primary partitions on the first hard drive,
I'm not quite sure what the BIOS will do.  But, since it maps
the second drive primary FAT32 partition now, I guess it
would become C:.  I tend to distrust "fdisk" programs on
80 Gig hard drives, but I know the newer ones will handle it.
Or, I can use one of the Linux tools to hide the partitions,
then unhide them.  Ugh...I believe I mentioned that before!

Also, I know folks who are installing DOS to USB sticks to
be able to boot it on laptop computers.  In this case, the
boot sector MUST be written to the USB stick.  Somehow,
it rarely seems to be C:.  Again, this works fine with MSDOS
and I could hack my way around it for FreeDOS, but...

Mark