On Tuesday 29 March 2005 03:51, Arkady V.Belousov wrote:
> Салям!
What a weird language ;-)
I knew much russian (and russian-like) people when I lived in Poland (they are
selling much things on local markets), but never had occasion to see that
language written :)

>      On the ftp://swrinde.nde.swri.edu/pub/png/applications/ you may find
> version 0.6 and patch to 0.7. This link I found one time somewhere on
> www.libpng.org in 2003.

Thanks for that! I got it and it seems to be a bit better than 0.5 :)

> F> Maybe is there somebody which knows how to use DJGPP and could compile
> F> http://www.catb.org/~esr/gif2png/gif2png-2.5.1.zip for DOS support...?
>
>      ...hm. I should look at this.

If you will be able to compile it,don't forget about me :)
By the way, it could be an good idea to send a DOS version to the current
maintainer of GIF2PNG. I wrote to him about the need of a DOS port, but he
told that he can't do that as he haven't access to any DOS machine :(

> PS: One time somewhere on libpng.org (?) I seen link for program, which
> optimizes PNG files (because with right filters applying image size may be
> noticeably reduced). Unfortunately, later I can't remember, where this link
> was found. Do you know it?

Are you talking about PNGCRUSH? In fact, it is a great piece of software. I
use it to compress all my web and private graphic PNG files (I use only two
graphic format: PNG and JPG)
You will find it at http://pmt.sourceforge.net/pngcrush/
Enjoy ;-)

Fox