Hi!

Yes, download the latest kernel. Unzip it and type
"sys c: fdkernel.sys"

Then you can copy this kernel to c: (has to be FAT32).
Open and edit boot.ini with an editor.
Add: "c:\fdkernel.sys=FreeDOS" and save the file.
Now you can make a autoexec.bat and (fd)config.sys.

Next step: Download all FreeDOS utilities you need, unzip it and add
them into autoexec.bat or config.sys.

Bye, Flo

Trey Montgomery wrote:
Ive had the freedos file for EVER and have no idea how to inststall an
os please help! Im very clueless so the higher detail the better. Also
I think id be able to install it if any one could tell me how to get
the little thing up that lets me install it i mean like what do i do
to get the installation enviormant up and running to install it. Is it
compatible with Win XP. And can i run itr on the same comp ans win xp.