Good day all:

After some help and advice from Eric Auer and Michael Devore,
I have NTFS4DOS working and loading high with FreeDOS!

However, I have been unable to get it to load high with EMM386.
I am using the latest development kernel, emm204x, and the latest
UMBPCI.

MEM reports 213K conventional memory with EMM386 and 550K
conventional memory with UMBPCI!  :-)

Here is my config.sys file:

!LASTDRIVE=Z
!BUFFERS=20
!FILES=40
!DOS=HIGH,UMB
!DOSDATA=UMB
!set dircmd=/ogn
!MENUCOLOR=7,0
MENUDEFAULT=1,5
MENU 1 - Load FreeDOS including HIMEM XMS-memory driver
MENU 2 - Load FreeDOS + HIMEM + EMM386
MENU 3 - Load NTFS4DOS with EMM386
MENU 4 - Load NTFS4DOS with UMBPCI
SHELL=a:\command.com /p
1234?DEVICE=A:\FDOS\HIMEM.EXE
23?DEVICE=A:\FDOS\EMM386.EXE X=TEST MEMCHECK VDS
4?DEVICE=a:\fdos\umbpci.sys
34?installhigh=a:\datapol\ntfs4dos.exe a:\command.com /k

I have no idea why this doesn't work with EMM386.  I get a
strange warning from EMM386:

selected page frame e000 not available, searching automatically
using PAGEFRAME d000:0000
no suitable UMB memory block found

This may be unrelated!

Thanks again for the help.  I'd like to get it working with EMM386
and will be willing to help with testing.

Mark Bailey