Good day, all:

I just attempted to install FreeDOS on a partition on this laptop
again.  I copied the new, development, SYS.COM command to
the root of a floppy disk image, created a CD, and booted the
cd.

Everything is normal, so I entered "SYS C:".

When I boot the disk partition, it begins to boot as A:!  This causes
great difficulty...it should be C:.

My best theory at the moment is that, since SYS.COM was in
the root directory of the boot media, it copied the floppy disk
image boot sector and that is somehow different than a hard
disk boot sector.  I read the documentation page at

http://freedos.sourceforge.net/kernel/docs/sys.htm

but that didn't help me.

The beta9 installation CD uses a file freedos.bss.   Do I
need to explicitely identify that?

Thanks!

Mark