--- Gerry Hickman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It's just I have to build 30 PCs in coming weeks,
> plus some production
> servers, and plan to use FreeDOS FDISK to partition
> them. I was a bit
> worried reading about this bug, but all my hard
> drives are brand new, so
> should be OK.

I would think you might want to use ranish.  You can
really tweak your drives and see the low-level stuff.
Ranish + xosl is a superior alternative to what you
can pay money for IMO, but with somewhat messy
documentation.  You will have to spend an hour or so
getting your arms around it, but it will be worth it
if you are doing a big project like what you describe.

Charlie