Hi Bernd:

OK, back to development kernel, development command.com, UDMA2
V2.5.

With config.sys:

device=a:\himem.exe
device=a:\udma2.sys
device=a:\emm386.exe x=test memcheck vds

VOL C: works normally.  Without device=a:\udma2.sys,
vol c: hangs and forces a reboot.  (That's the old behavior
which I checked to make sure of the test case).

This does not appear to be a seperate issue.

Mark Bailey