Hi,

2) Vote here, keep Free DISK or switch to XFDISK

Well so far I really like FDISK, it's small and fast and appears to do everything it's supposed to.

I've never needed to use the GUI.

I have not been hit by the MBR bug, despite testing on a wide range of systems with both SCSI and IDE drives, everything from totally empty drives up to drives which are fully partitioned and with operating systems. I've never seen it write an MBR automatically or damage a partition table, but we know there's a hole in the safety net of the current version and this is being worked on.

I wonder if the MBR hole is still present when *not* using the GUI? If it's not, that would explain why I've never been hit by it!

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)