At 04:38 PM 8/10/2005 +0200, up wrote:

> Looks like you're not using the latest HIMEM and EMM386, which might make a
> difference.  Without the EMS report on MEM, I can't tell what the EMS
> allocation is, either.

I don't need EMS at all. Only good thing from emm386 is ability to
load some tsr's into upper memory.

Doesn't matter. VCPI is reported through EMS.

After himem/emm386 update to this version
http://freedos.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/freedos-lsm.cgi?q=f&a=base/emm386.lsm
xms consumption by emm386 dropped to 330kb.
But ufo2 crashes like before (with NOVCPI flag).

Don't use NOVCPI; it's incompatible with any application using a DOS extender and is only for very specific circumstances.