Nick Bright wrote:

Blair Campbell wrote:

There is an 8086 version of SHSUCDX available, so you musn't use
SHSUCDX to load the extentions, but you must instead use SHSUCD86 or
something like this.  I'm not sure if there are any drivers available
for pre-386 systems, however.
I'll try SHSUCD86 and see what happens. I'm not sure what you refer to by "I'm not sure if there are any drivers available for pre-386 systems" though. Do you mean the cdrom .sys driver file? If so, yes there are. I have one installed.

Correction to myself. I am assuming this driver works with the PC XT since the document I read indicates as such.

- Nick

I can't find an "SHSUCD86.*" anywhere on the SR1 CD, though I haven't really looked elsewhere yet. I did look at the output of SHSUCDX /V though, which indicates:

Compile-time options: 8086, CD root form not used, High Sierra supported, Joliet supported, image on CD supported.
Run-time options: tilde generation is off, read only attribute is on

This would seem to indicate that this version of shsucdex is compatible with this system, no?

- Nick