Hi,

Eric Auer escribió:
So my suggestion is: Review the needs, and think about a
new DEVICE variant CPUDEVICE[HIGH]=[minlevel],[maxlevel],[driver and args]
or similar, where you could do for example
CPUDEVICE=1,2,FDXMS286 ...
CPUDEVICE=3,,HIMEM ...
CPUDEVICE=3,,EMM386 ...
(the CPUDEVICE command would be combineable with n?command=...
style FreeDOS menu system, e.g. to select whether to try to load EMM386)

Well, for the sake of useability, I'd prefer something like Michael's idea. Something like:

IF condition LINE

condition can be expanded in the future, but there could be something basic like

IF CPU386 ...
IF EXITCODE ... (from last line) (this one is tricky)

It should also be processed in the same stage as LINE.
Anyway, just a suggestion. We just miss someone to put his hands on it (I wish I could).

Aitor