Eric Auer wrote:

support USB emulation and if it does, the user won't need any USB
drivers...

USB support could only be
activated for booting. So if you do not boot from it, you get no
access without drivers for USB.

OK; this is something I have not come across. I tend to assume "emulation" was in earlier BIOS's and then "bootability" came later, but you are saying some BIOS's can boot, but can't emulate? That seems a bit odd because how can they read the sectors after they've booted? I mean it must boot up and then assign a drive letter to the USB boot device, and that implies BIOS emulation and therefore BIOS ability to read/write to a USB device.

(I'm sure you're right I just haven't seen it this way round).

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)