Hi Florian,

I want to buy a new laptop (~€1000.-- or ~$1000.--). But i also
want to use DOS. FreeDOS. I want to play mp3s via mpxplay and...
I asked Robert and he wrote, that i won't have any chance.

Robert is a pessimist. Even new laptops have int13 disk services
and a VGA BIOS and the other little things that you need for DOS.
For your mp3 problem, you should be okay with MPXPLAY, as it does
support quite a few AC97 compatible sound chips.

I would like to have WLAN under DOS...

Only very few very old WLAN devices come with DOS drivers, I think.
And WLAN is often more "software" than "hardware", "Winmodem" style.

PS: Do USB mice work under DOS? (If there is no PS/2)

If your BIOS has some kind of legacy support, it can make the
USB mouse accessible through PS/2 BIOS services. CuteMouse 1.9
can use that, 2.0 can not. The 2.0 uses hardware access and
supports wheel mice, 1.9 does not. Talking about legacy support,
it would be nice to have some option "PnP OS installed: no" in
BIOS setup. Otherwise you need software like the free Intel Plug
and Play manager for DOS to initialize your PnP devices. No
problem for the disk controller and the VGA, those are always
initialized anyway because they are needed for booting.

Eric