This will probably be the final testing release.  As usual, you can
find the variety of ISOs at
www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.0-Testing
.  The old testing ISOs have been moved to
www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.0-Testing/old
.

And of course, the new features:

XCDROM has been slightly modified as I wondered if increasing the
timeouts would help Eric's CRC errors.  Also, the default device is
now FDCD0001 to avoid filesystem conflicts.

The text installer was ported to OpenWatcom and now zip lists are
properly created for each unzipped package.  The executable is smaller
than the original due to downsizing in the embedded unzip source code.
 If there is time before 1.0, it will also make sure there is enough
size on the destination disk before unzipping.

The full livecd portion was removed from fdbasecd.iso and fdbasews.iso
to make them smaller downloads for those with slower internet
connections.

FreeCOM now supports a cool IMHO SET /E extension. It is the
equivalent to 'VAR=`COMMAND`' syntax in UNIX shells, and will set the
environment variable to the first line of output created by the
spawned program.  Also there were some bugfixes.  1.0 will include a
FreeCOM with a bugfix for the 'WHAT.EXE can't set environment
variable' problem.

GRUB4DOS is no longer installed as the default bootloader for FAT32
drives, but is still included.

ISOLINUX was updated to the latest version.

The translations that people sent to me are now all included afair.
And Aitor can check my spanish translation of XCopy now :-).

CPI files are now in %DOSDIR%/CPI

Some bugfixes in FDPKG

XFdisk now really can be run from the fdisk menu (bugfix).  Especially
for those of you who had problems with fdisk, XFdisk should probably
be a good choice.

All (both) timeouts were increased to 60 seconds due to popular
demand.  FYI though, timeouts work 100% correct for me in VMWare,
Virtual PC, and QEMU.

It is now possible to install to a different directory than C:\FDOS,
but some files are still installed to C: (and C: is the drive that is
sys'd).

Probably some other things I forgot.

Enjoy testing.

Oh, and this is a very important oh.  After releasing the first test
ISO, I only got ONE report back.  Even if the distro works 100%
perfect for you, I would still like to actually know that.

--
Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change
color and fall from the trees.

See ya