----- Original Message -----
From: "Blair Campbell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 1:39 PM
Subject: Re: [Freedos-user] BUG "Redirecting output"

> > In the autoexec.bat "path=c:\nc;" registered.
> > If I now at the root C: \ nc [ enter] enters, then the nc.exe in path
the
> > NC.EXE would have to be started.
> > Does not function however. The same is likewise with other programs
which I
> > from the root to start would like and under path is registered.
> >
> > Sorry my english is :-(

Hello
I am a new user of FD and I have noted a problem that might be related to
Blair Campbell's issue.
It has to do with "search order". A search for a file starts with the root
directory C:\ instead of the "current" directory. So if you have executable
files with the same name in the root and in the "current". The one in the
root will be executed. Of course the search should really start with the
current directory and then the root and the path.
By the way, Many Thanks to the FD developers. FD is a life saver for me.
Regards      George Frothingham