-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Johnson Lam
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2006 7:14 AM
To: freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Freedos-user] Is Freedos a good OS?

On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 06:40:27 -0600, you wrote:

Hi Staffanson,

>As I am basically new to the world of DOS, how easy is it to adapt the
sound
>card driver from Win98 to DOS?
>
>I now await your thoughts, comments, and ideas.  Any help would be
>appreciated.

You can ask BAHCL for details, he coded automatic jukebox alike
program.

The most improtant step is to find the sound card driver of your DELL
PC. It may be a SoundMAX, REALTEK or CMI chipset (AC97), to make AC97
work in DOS, as I remember only MPXPLAY can.

If you can post more information about your hardware, I may try to
help to find sound driver for you.

Rgds,
Johnson.