Well, the MBR is special program located at sector 1 head 0, cylinder 0
with datastructure for partition information. The code for detecting
active Partition is 446 bytes long and then follow the partition table
entries (4 of them):

bootable    db ? ; Indicate active partition slice
beginhead   db ? ; Starting head (0 for primary DOS)
begsector   dw ? ;
systemcode  db ? ; Tells which OS owns it
endhead     db ? ; set to FFFF (65535) for maximum coverage
sectorend   dw ? ; ditto...
startsector dd ? ; logical LBA Address of drive partition start   I set
it to 0

would still have to over come 512MB bios limit though?

www.boodaa.de ... My mono-linguistic brain cant read deusche very
well:-\ you can pass it on to him.

--chris
http://www.aotksc.com/