Hi,

thanks for your suggestions so far.

Cristi Mitrana schrieb:
> On 10/26/06, Bernd Blaauw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Norbert Remmel schreef:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> any ideas how to properly set up Microsoft Network Client 3.0 under QEMU
>>> or BOCHS?
>>>
>> Could you try some Realtek 8019/8029/8039 drivers? If I remember
>> correctly, I used a realtek packet driver one time in bochs or qemu,
>> despite their claims of using a standard NE2000.

I tried a lot this morning and till now I'm only able to get things work
under BOCHS.
It seems to be a bug in BOCHS. In .bxrc-file I tried several settings for
the ne2k-adpater concerning interrupt and io-address until I realized
that BOCHS is always changing these settings to the following values:

INTERRUPT=11
IOBASE=0xC020

If you copy these two lines to your protocol.ini you will be able to use
the ne2000.dos driver from microsoft to fully initialize your network
under BOCHS.

Despite being able to use the ne2000.dos driver now I also tried your
suggestion afterwards.
The RTL8029 driver is the right choice. It works without setting any
additional parameters in protocol.ini.

I forgot to mention that you have to install the WinPcap driver before
you can use the network under windows host.

>  Qemu can also emulate a rtl8139 adapter and AFAIR rtl 8029 is a NE
> 2000 compatible nic.
>  Try to get a NDIS driver from realtek for 8029 and try with that one,
> I got MS net client working fine in freedos under qemu.
>  Better yet, go to http://www.veder.com/nwdsk/ and choose a diskette
> that will configure everything automatically and you can get the
> config from it.

Under QEMU I don't get any of your suggested drivers to work and no
network disk from www.veder.com/nwdsk will do either.
Every driver fails to start with error telling the hardware is not
responding or available.

Do I have to install something like WinPcap under windows so that QEMU
is able to find the desired ethernet adapter?

Regards

Norbert.