I'm trying to replace SRDISK with SHSURDRV (v1.11, 2005-12-21) to make a
ram drive "E". Fdconfig and Fdauto load ok but when using Arachne
browser, after exiting (to dos shell or permanently), I get the following
error:

"error reading from drive E: DOS area: write protection violation
attempted"

Readme file mentions /W switch but it's supposed to be used only with
shsufdrv and not shsurdrv. I didn't try it because it looks like a high
risk experiment (host drive corruption can occur).

"/W images are writable (SHSUFDRV)

By default images are not writable, due to problems  I  had  in  getting
write to actually work. If you'd like to give it a go, use this option,
but be warned: image and "host" (the drive the image is  on)  corruption
may occur.      To test it, use SHSURDRV to make a RAM drive, copy the image
to that, then use SHSUFDRV on the copy.  If you still want      some  images
to be read-only, make the file itself read-only."

------------
Fdconfig.sys

FILES=50
BREAK=ON
STACKS=9,384
LASTDRIVE=Z
BUFFERS=20,0
NUMLOCK=OFF
DOS=HIGH,UMB
DOSDATA=UMB

DEVICE=D:\FDOS\BIN\QXUMBPCI.SYS
DEVICE=D:\FDOS\BIN\QXHIMEM.SYS /N128 /T7
DEVICEHIGH=D:\FDOS\BIN\QCDROM.SYS /D:CDROM1 /UF /I /L /X
DEVICEHIGH=D:\FDOS\BIN\CDRCACHE.SYS CDROM1 CDRCACH$ 12
DEVICEHIGH=D:\FDOS\BIN\NANSI.SYS /S
INSTALL=D:\FDOS\BIN\SHSURDRV.EXE 8192K /V /Q
INSTALLHIGH=D:\FDOS\BIN\LBACACHE.COM 8192
SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM /P=C:\FDAUTO.BAT

Fdauto.bat

@ECHO OFF
PROMPT $P$G