Lester wrote:
> I'm trying to replace SRDISK with SHSURDRV (v1.11, 2005-12-21) to make a
> ram drive "E". Fdconfig and Fdauto load ok but when using Arachne
> browser, after exiting (to dos shell or permanently), I get the following
> error:
>
> "error reading from drive E: DOS area: write protection violation
> attempted"
>
> Readme file mentions /W switch but it's supposed to be used only with
> shsufdrv and not shsurdrv. I didn't try it because it looks like a high
> risk experiment (host drive corruption can occur).

/W is for SHSUFDRV only. SHSURDRV uses XMS memory to install a RAM disk, which
is far less critical than SHSUFDRV's file access. So the RAM-Disk is writeable
by default (it would be pretty useless to let install SHSURDRV an - empty -
RAM-Disk and then not be able to "fill" it somehow).

I just tested SHSURDRV v1.11 (8 MB RAM-Disk) + ARACHNE v1.90 (core.exe dated
24.06.2006) + CTMOUSE v1.91 and did not get that error.