rxvt is a colour vt102 terminal emulator intended as an xterm
replacement for users who do not require features such as Tektronix 4014
emulation and toolkit-style configurability. As a result, rxvt uses much
less swap space.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/rxvt

The '-e dosemu' tells rxvt (or xterm, or gnome-terminal ... same option)
to execute DOSemu immediately (and, conveniently, exit when DOSemu
exits.)

UNIX/Linux trivia: you can set an environment variable to exist only for
the execution of a program.  In this example..

        LC_ALL=C rxvt -e dosemu

..Joel has set the environment variable "LC_ALL" to the value "C" (the
default locale.)  LC_ALL will hold this value for the program rxvt and
its children ... specifically, the "dosemu" program.  That's why the fix
works.

You could also get the same effect by doing this:

        LC_ALL=C
        export LC_ALL
        rxvt -e dosemu