FreeDOS HIMEM64 3.26 [August 25 2006] (c) 1995, Till Gerken 2001-2006 tom
ehlert
HIMEM - Always On A20 method used
UMB's unavailable!

XCDROM V2.2, 2-08-2006.
Driver name is "FDCD0001".
UltraDMA controller at I-O address FFA0h, Chip I.D. 80867111h.
Unit 0:  Secondary-master, Virtual CD, PIO mode.
UMB's unavailable!
CD-ROM XMS/386 read cache, E. Auer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 2001-2004
License:  GPL 2.        For standard CD-ROM device drivers.
XMS allocated:  3.00 MB, driver size with tables nad stack:  7035 bytes.
CDRcache loaded as device CDRCACH0 - caching the device(s) of FDCD0001.

UMB's unavailable!
MORE$driver by Eric Auer 2003 loaded.  Use:  ... > MORE$
UMB's unavailable!

Invalid Opcode at 214C 0583 0246 001E 0000 0000 0001 21AC 9DA2 00D1 FFF0
7D3D 10.......trails off

I tried to install FreeDOS on my AMD Athlon 64 3400+ machine, with the above
results when I try to boot from a virtual FAT32 drive under Microsoft
Virtual PC 2007.

No matter which menu choice I make (1, 2, or 3) it does something similar.
It won't let me select option 4 from the menu (4 - Load FreeDOS without
drivers)

I have a group where I posted some screen shots of my attempts to get
FreeDOS to boot of the virtual hard drive.

I'm guessing it's something simple, like running the sys command manually,
but I hate to guess at such things.  I'm using Virtual PC to protect my hard
drive from potential corruption, and I pray a lot to the software gods that
they won't let me down.

Understand FreeDOS thread at my group with some nice screen shots

I'm a professional programmer, with an interest in operating systems, and I
am very interested in getting FreeDOS to run on Virtual PC or a similar
virtual environment, for use in O/S research on an amateur basis.  I'm
working on my own O/S named DORIS, and I'm currently working in GNAT Ada,
after trying Small-C and assembler.

I would appreciate any help in getting this baby (FreeDOS) running!

I can boot from the CD just fine and it comes up and runs fine under Windows
XP Pro/SP2 with all the latest updates.

I haven't tried FreeDOS on any other PCs, real or virtual, at least not yet.

I'm hoping you have a quick fix.

Thanks in advance for your kind attention and consideration, and please let
me know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's a genuine problem that needs
or needed to be reported.

Danke schön!  Merci beaucoup!  Thank you very much.

(I'm also interested in localization and languages and notice someone asked
about that!)

Brent martin