Yes, there is active development in NDN...

As for impouving it's display functions I can help, but only if somone
can make a detailed howto of how to set up it's compile environment.
Usualy this can take days which I don't have to spare, but I have some
experience with PC's video. Specially on the compatibility issue.

Alain