On 2007-06-08, Grant Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 2007-06-08, Grant Edwards <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>> I'm trying to figure out how to change the caps-lock key into
>>> a control key, but I'm baffled by keyb: where do I get these
>>> KL files I keep reading about? I've looked through all of the
>>> zip files, but I don't see any KL files.
>>
>> Ah. Apparently the supplied "KL" files have .SYS suffixes.  I
>> assume that a KL file would have a .KL suffix.  I'm now able to
>> compile a .key file into a .kl file and load it.  Now to modify
>> the .key file...
>
> Darn.  When I first read through the keyb docs, I didn't notice
> that the status of the feature I'm trying to use is "to be
> implemented later".  It looks like keyb won't do what I want.

I found a TSR named swapkey.com that swaps ctrl and caps lock,
and it seems to work.  The first TSR I tried simply turned
caps-lock into another control key, but it wasn't able to
install itself.  I had forgotten how much work it took to turn
DOS into something a Unix geek could deal with...

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I'm a GENIUS!  I want
                                  at               to dispute sentence