Hi Wenefrida,

> I'M SORRY ERIC, BUT I HAVE TO USE CAPITOL LETTERS ALL THE TIME BECAUSE
> I AM A REFUGEE WITH LIMITED ENGLISH AND WRITING SKILLS.

there is a simple solution for that - do not use captital letters AT ALL.

please replace your emm386 - use jemm386 from www.japheth.de instead.

freecom is our version of command.com and it should always work.
your problem is probably that the old emm386 does not work on your pc.

an example config / autoexec from 2005 is here:

www.coli.uni-saarland.de/~eric/stuff/soft/specials/freedos-config.txt

to get much free ram, load jemm386 and use devicehigh and loadhigh
for all drivers and devices after that, instead of using device
and loading without loadhigh.

for lbacache, use the "tuns" option if you loadhigh it.
unless you have software which complains about needing emm386,
you can use the "noems" or "frame=none" option to have more umb.
then you will have more space for devicehigh and loadhigh.

do also use dosdata=umb and dos=high,umb in your config.
you can get ca 620 kb free dos ram that way, no problem.

eric