Hello,

2007/12/2, Eric Auer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > put zip files on ibiblio that cannot be included on the FreeDOS
> > distribution because they are not free for all...
>
> You are right. The updater can make use of extra "nonfree"
> repositories outside ibiblio, while our ISOs gotta be free.

Following the idea I exposed before, you could even have locally a
folder called:

C:\FREEDOS\3RDPARTY\...

where it would unpackage all that is not packaged on the new structure
(in the words before, being a ZIP and not a FPF).

> > I don't want to re-zip everything on ibiblio to meet the new pkg
> > standard.
>
> The standard is not new - I only suggest to re-zip everything
> which will be part of FreeDOS 1.1, because there is not other
> choice. You need zips in fdpkg format for every single package
> which will be on the ISO, and we need helpers for that task.

I agree.

> For the beta9 and 1.0 distros, Bernd and Blair had to do most
> of this work themselves, and it is a lot of work because there
> are many packages and because quite a few are not already in
> fdpkg format when you download them from the developer's page.

True. And I even remember that if you made small mistakes about the
pkg structure, they would fix that.

Aitor