Thanks for everybody's suggestions! It's great to finally get some
input on this.

Ok, maybe it would simplify things if I tell what I have tried...

I have tried:

1. Different DOSEMU versions, v1.2 through v1.4 (+beta) - with
different DOS version mentioned in point 2.
2. Different DOS systems, (MS-DOS 4 to 6.22, Dr.DOS, FreeDOS and even
Windows 95 (ver.7)
3. Different server-side file sharing capabilities, NFS, SAMBA, etc.

The ONLY working one under test scenarios was dosbox, but it did not
help me any bit because dosbox has no printing support! Yes I know
printing to a file and then printing out of the Linux system is a
option, but it is not feasible in my clients situation or his program.

I am beginning to think that the problem might be with dosemu +
foxbase, because dosbox works so perfectly. Unfortunatly dosbox has no
"console-only" (run without X) and printing support, otherwise it
would have been done by now...

Thanks for all the help!

My next step would be to go CentOS + IBCS-3.4 with userspace x286emul.
(Anyone got experience with that?)

Regards,

Keith Williams