On 2/13/08, robinson-west user <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How do I use curl with freedos update?  The first trick was finding
> curl.  Copying curl over wget prevents fdupdate from crashing, but
> it doesn't make the updater work.  On the todo list there is make
> fdupdate able to use curl, is there a post 0.52 update?

Looks like fdupdate is just doing a simple shell call to wget:

>>  SHELL "wget " + UpdateChannel + "/fdupdate.tab"

So, if wget isn't working for you but curl is, then one possible
workaround is to write a wrapper for curl. The difference is that:

>> wget http://---------------------/file.zip

will download a file called "file.zip". However, doing this:

>> curl http://---------------------/file.zip

will spew the contents of file.zip to stdout. Unless you use the "-o"
option. So that's the wrapper.

Since fdupdate isn't looking for wget.exe, just allowing the system to
pick the executable program, you can do this with a simple bat
wrapper. Or you can write a C program wrapper.