Eric,

I noticed the remark in the Xen posting, "please do never send files to a
mailing list".  I think that this implies the need for a hosted discussion
group arrangement.  That will preserve the history of discussions which I
think has benefits for this group.

Given a history it would be possible given a really good archive search,
quicker answers to well know questions and associated replies.  Threads can
have comments added at any time, either immediately or even years later.  If
something happens to the maintainers such as an injury or worse other could
be found to take their places.  It would allow for a structured organization
of question groups.  It would not require each list member to maintain the
archive of the questions and replies.  It would also allow relevant files to
be stored within the archive.

Does sourceforge.net have this facility or would you have to go elsewhere to
get these features?

--
John S. Wolter President
Wolter Works