Hi Tony,

> I didn't see the "Use Base" option on the menus in the Full CD

Well I meant "use the fdbasecd.iso CD". But you can also unselect
all packages outside the "base" category, for example.

> After making a partition in Vmware 6- and writing the partition
> table I rebooted my VM.

Then you did not format the partition yet nor was there DOS on it...

> All I see is Freedos Boot is booting, please be patient
> Invalid operating system

You probably had to boot from CD again to continue with the
install, but your VM BIOS settings were wrong so it tried to
boot from the not yet completed installation harddisk.

Eric