Hi!

I want to create a distro (inherited the term from linux distro) based
on FreeDOS. The first release may be an Free emulator (Bochs) fully
preinstalled, preconfigured and portable for windows (maybe later follow
other Free emulators in the same package like qemu). Both is Free
Software. (no changes the any source code are planed for those)

First question. Are I am forced to offer a download for the source of
those two software packages? Or is it ok simply to redirect to the
original projects because the source can be downloaded there which would
have more point anyway?

Second question. Can FreeDOS be mixed up with freeware (non-Free
Software). There is some freeware without source code but it's still
useful software and allowed to use them for private and commercial use
and redistributing. Can the GPL software FreeDOS be mixed with free ware?
No? How could you include Viaudio into FreeDOS 1.0? It's a non-Free
driver from via.

Regards,
-mr