Hi!

> No, I skim them, checking for the final results of each of the tests.
> The size comes from logging the details of each test.  That way if there
> is a failure, I already have the details at hand.

> I just use macros in the editor to search the file for the lines
> corresponding to each test result, rather than grep'ing them out
> externally.

> > > I've got sustem burnin logs that run about 2MB each, too.

You could try PG or LESS for that. In particular less has a
very flexible search function and there should be DJGPP ports
of LESS so you can use it in DOS with very big files :-).

LESS Examples:

/warn|error.*

searches for warn or error and highlights the word warn
and everything from the word error to the end of the line

/ repeats the previous search ? repeats the search backwards
g and G jump to the beginning or end of the file, q exits.

Eric