Hope somebody is familiar with this. I have installed FreeDos on an old Dell
with
Pentium 2; I copied DOSUSB into 'c:\DOSUSB. I ran DOSUSB.com, and the
splasher correctly indicated whichever port the flashdrive was in; so far, so
good;
I consulted the html for installation instructions. It said to edit the
config.sys
with a seemingly typical: DEVICE=c:\DOSUSB\USBDISK.sys. Right there things
get hinky. The FreeDos version is named fdconfig.sys, but the 'DEVICE' lines in
it
have the word 'device' preceeded by ;1?,123?, and various such things, which I
don't know. Nevertheless, I put the above line into it at the end of
fdconfig.sys.
Then, I changed to the DOSUSB directory to try and edit the USBDISK.sys, and
was amazed to find it empty, except for a single extended ascii character which
was an 'e' with the ' over it. For some strange reason, I rebooted it in that
state,
and the hard drive sounded like a car with the sparkplug wires mixed up!
As you might expect, it was a fatal error and would not boot like that. The
DOSUSB packgage has a really well-done look to it, so does anyone know
what stupid thing I'm doing?    kurt   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>