Eric,
I tried again, with primary c partition and extended,logical d partition;
installed w98 onto c, then installed fdos
to d. Did the autoexec.bat in d to get devload, and did this: devload /a
d:\fdos\bin\xcdrom.sys /d:thing. I was happy
to see messages like "name thing", "driver staying resident", etc.. Then I
tried to use devload with shsucdx.com;
devload /a d:\fdos\bin\shsucdx.com /d:thing; something flashed on the screen
so quickly I could not read it, and
then the system rebooted. Then I saw that most of the secondary drivers had
exe extensions, with the sole
exception of 'shsucdx'. When I tried a few of those, the results were "file
not found", though I know they are there.
It must be that some process is not looking for them, perhaps not with that
extension. Or maybe using 'devload'
for the shsucdx is barking up the wrong tree? I also notice that the
original error message refers to shcdx33a,
which is certainly not in 'bin'. I presume it is "left over" from a previous
incarnation? kurt,
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.