  From: Jvp
  To: freedos-user@lists.sourceforge.net
  Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:13 AM
  Subject: Re: [Freedos-user] InitDisk Warning

  Hi all

  Eric, I followed the following steps
  1.    Format CFC on PC as FAT not FAT32
  2.    Wrote FreeDos bootable image to it with WinImage
  3.    Booted with CFC
  4.    FDisk, Delete partition, Create Primary Dos partition, Answer "Y" to
Fat32 support.
  5.    Format C:
  6.    Sys C:
  7.    Now have bootable image that I can use to create new bootable CFC's

  I think some of my problems were caused by Kernel32.sys
  Only half reading the detail and deciding that was what was needed.
  Simply sticking to Kernel.sys and the procedure above solved the problem.

  Application runs fine, and LFN support works as well.
  Many thanks for your support.

  PS: I never knew that CFC's have a preset FAT system, I thought that writing
  an image to it with WinImage would set the FAT as per the image.

  Regards