> Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 09:13:55 -0500
> From: Spiro Gulgas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: [Freedos-user] DOS Compatable Soundcards in PCI?
>
> Now that i got a new PC, i'll be using my older one
> (2001 - not that
> old, today's standards make it seem like an IBM PC).
>
> Just Wondering is there any dos compatable soundcards with
> PCI Support
> and AdLib...

avoid creative sb pci of any kind. i highly recommend ESS Audiodrive pci
soundcards from esstech.com (solo, maestro, allegro). they give the least
problems when setting up for DOS. if they don't work, other pci sndcards will
most likely fail also. ESS isa cards don't need drivers, only the correct
BLASTER= setting.

btw, esstech is NOT ensoniq. the drivers are still available from their
website. the downside? the official drivers are win installers. i ripped the
dos versions here:
http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?p=138640