Do BIOS update 100 % step by step as the manual says. No experiments wit
h DOS versions, TSR's, boot medium (if you shall use legacy floppy then
do so). Otherwise you risk the BIOS update to fail as the developers did
not thought about your modified use.

Ok, well you can experiment if you have the equipment to remove the
flash chip and to flash it from outside.

-mr