This might seem a bit off  topic, but it's of general interest: In XP, you
can make an ISO image of a folder;
if you then burn that ISO image to the cd, using a true ISO burner, it is
not bootable, it is lacking the files
that would make it so. There are schemes to combine a floppy .img file with
data files to make the cd
bootable, but I wanted to do it with an iso editor like the "isomaster" in
ubuntu. Now, can I simply add
a smaller, bootable ISO with the editor? What I really want, though, are the
actual files that I can add
with the iso editor, that is the 'bare essentials'  that can make a cd
bootable.--tnx, kurt<wb2...@gmail.com>.