Anyone have any idea which PCI sound cards will work with with FreeDOS on
modern systems? Last I've read somewhere the modern motherboards have
changed drastically that it will no longer allow SoundBlaster or similar
clone cards to work correctly with Sound Blaster emulation.

Any suggestions on what PCI sound cards I should get to get sound to work
with some older DOS applications, particularly older DOS games? I recall
reading somewhere Aureal Vortex cards might work but I want to get some real
advice from subscribers here.