> Yes, I prettymuch get that, but for instance that djgpp hack someone
> mentioned; it has a file named
> 'makefile', but in what directory should it be placed?

I guess that you are refering to my previous post. It's hard to follow because
  the newsreader which I use did put your recent post in a new thread -
perhaps because the thread's name has been changed? To make things easier to
follow please cite parts of the posts you are replying to!

Anyways, this "djgpp hack" which someone mentioned is hardly something which
you want to try. It's a hack which can make a DJGPP binary run in a flat,
zero-based memory model - under normal circumstances you don't "need" this,
because the standard way of doing things in DJGPP works fine.