On Sunday 01 November 2009 11:52 (CET), Eric Auer wrote:
> Can you make a list of which packages you still need?

Well, I honestly don't really know. Basically, we need at least all packages
belonging to the BASE group, minus these which are already on fdupdate
(obviously, these require to be checked wheter they are in latest available
version anyway).

> I think
> we could start by a BASE-only 1.1 distro, so we could start by
> having a complete collection of up to date BASE packages :-)

I think that's the way to go, too.

> By the way, what is the status of the WIP queue, which packages
> need review and which packages need to be fixed / updated there?
> www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/fdupdate/wip/

I have no idea. The "WIP" directory is just a place where I put any things
which "might be usefull for fdupdate". There are maybe some packages which are
able to be put into fdupdate without any change (but still, need to be checked
carefully), and some other packages which need to be fixed (eg. flat zip files
which require to be put into FD-like structure).

> As soon as we know which packages you still need, we can ask
> people to contribute them. Everybody can help: The work is to
> download the current version of some program, arranging the
> files in FreeDOS package style directory structure and then
> making a ZIP with that :-)

Absolutely. Unfortunately, it appears that the task is rather hard (or rather
laborious) for anyone who hasn't done that before.
Few months ago, I wrote an announcement, asking people to make packages. I got
1 (one) package in response (besides, the package needed to be fixed few times
anyway). That made me think that the task isn't that obvious at all. OTOH, I do
not have any free time these days to put into packaging FD stuff... :(

> As you can see, everybody can help :-) Of course
> you can also help by checking WHICH packages need
> update, unless Mateusz already has a list somewhere.

Nope, no such list exists. Sorry.

Best regards,
Mateusz Viste
--