Von: Laaca <la...@seznam.cz>
An: cm <c...@bttr-software.de>
Kopie:
Betreff: DOSLFN discussion on FreeDOS user list
Datum: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 12:44:14 +0100

Hi!
I read the discussion about problems with DOSLFN in particular situations
in FreeDOS. The described example is quite hard to reproduce but I know
another one and much easier to track.

DOSLFN doesn't work properly with RAR32 for DOS and OS/2.
If archive contains long file names they are truncated into 8+3 names and
the name collisions aren't properly treated.
If you want to decopress such archives you have to use the windows console
version which fortunately runs perfectly under HX.
(Note that this trick fixes also another problem of DOS version of RAR -
the unability to run on computers with 512 and more MB RAM)

I am not registered to FreeDOS users list (I am only at developers list)
so, please, forward this message into it.

---
This e-mail has been sent via the forum
(http://www.bttr-software.de/forum/).