Hello Blair,
 Recently I downloaded the fdfullCD, from the freedos webbsite....I had posted
some questions, to the mailling list, also Eric, but later I noted when the
disk boots, it says
if one has troubles, to e-mail you....
 I seem to be haveing alot of trouble installing it...it boots ok..and starts
the installation ok, how ever always at some point..it freezes, saying error
95... the one time I got almost everyithing installed...or appeared to be..the
dos editor would not work..on that I got error bad CRC, b1de97eb should be
ebf22a97.... ok,...well to start how could I change the autoexec, and
config.sys...if the editor dosent work?...
 The CD seems to be good, as if I run freedos (ODIN) from the cd everything
works well.or seems too....so the problem seems to be in how it is
installing...ok
  I realize some of the trouble is I dont know much about this stuff...but I am
learning...
Since I do not have internet at home...I can not just conect..and ask a
question when ever I have a problem..I am useing a internet cafe at this
time...so any way. since the Cd seemed to work fine..from the CD..I got the
idea to
just copy all the directorys and files to a USB memorystick
(kingstondataTraveler 4gb)..
 I used windows explorer to do this....ok I need to back track a little...first
I formatted the memory stick...useing the formatt/s...from odin on the CD..then
tested the memory stick..
and it booted well... so I closed the particion where I putting the dos
(odin)..and switched back to the particiont where  I have windows..to run
windows (vista)xp....and useing the explorer, opened the cd, copied each
directory and sub directory,Ect..in the same order
...to the kingston....Well to my surprise, it works good...every thing
works...when I boot with the kingston.....all I had to do is adjust the
autoexec and configsys for me..
  How ever copy the Kingston to the hard drive..did.. not work
well it dose sort of, but has to be done almost one file at a time....I lost my
patience on that...so I just copied  the packages/base to the hard drive...then
unzipped all the files..
..and ODIN is running ok the editor, also the CD drivers..and Himem...and I
dont get the bad CRC...stuff...However I am still wondering why the CD cannot
install like it should...the error 95...sorry this note has gotten kind of
long....if you want, and respond...I will be happy to send a more detailed note
on the errors I got..,ect.......I am also sending a CC of this to the mailing
list..I dont know if anyone will be interested or not. anyway if not the dont
have to read it.
 The one thing I am lacking, is I dont have any sound yet....I have a Game (Pac
Man) that
uses Sound blaster,...Useing the DosBox..in windows...the game runs well, and
has sound....how ever that is under windows..I have sound, and music,ext...
 on the particion where I am putting Dos, I still am looking for a sound driver
that works under ODIN ..or Dos...Sound Blaster,or imitation...if anyone has any
suggestion or info
on this....ok well that is all for now...hopefullt I hear from you or
somebody...if not, well thats ok..I wont keep bothering you all..as I am sure
you are busy and so am I ..
any way thank you much..for makeing the software,freedos ,ect available.....and
dont get me wrong...it is great software...just depending on the person..for
example some one like me..it is kind a hard to figure out how to use it..(the
software)..ok well thats all for now..

    Garry Ricketson