Am 27.07.2010 14:57, schrieb James D Baker:
> Greetings
>
> I have freedos installed to hard disk (from full iso) and working but
> the 4th boot menu option "boot with out drivers" can not be activated.

Hi James,

I stumbled over that bug a few days ago. To fix it:

Type:

edit C:\FDCONFIG.SYS

In the editor find the line:

SHELLHIGH=C:\FDOS\bin\command.com C:\FDOS\bin /E:1024 /P=C:\autoexec.bat

and change it to:

1234?SHELLHIGH=C:\FDOS\bin\command.com C:\FDOS\bin /E:1024
/P=C:\autoexec.bat

(In one line)

The problem was this: There wasn't any line that included the fourth
option as a choice ("1234?") only lines with choices "123?". So
FreeDOS automatically won't make it possible to choose the fourth
option. So (as shown above) we take a line that is mandatory for all
options and include it in all choices (1234?).

> How can I activate the 4th boot menu option to run freedos with no
> drivers?  Or failing that; how to get rid of emm after booting up with
> it active?

Of course the best solution for you would be to make the fourth option
the default. To do that:

edit C:\FDCONFIG.SYS

Find the line:
MENUDEFAULT=2,5