Hi,

     I've found that FreeDos 1.0 has problem working with USB keyboard
in some computers, in particular, a DELL Optiplex GX620.

     If you want to know how I got to this conclusion, here you are:
* I downloaded the fdbasecd.iso (version 1.0) and burned it to CD
* I connected a USB keyboard to a DELL OptiPlex GX620 (there is no
PS/2 port in this model)
* When the computer was booted with the CD, I was asked to press Enter
to boot to CD.  Please notice that I pressed Enter to boot to CD, so
it seems the Enter key (thus the keyboard) is working at this point
* Then I had the "installation menu" where I could choose to install
to hard disk, use Freedos safe mode or press Enter.  At this point,
neither 1, 2 nor Enter key has any effect.  Actually, even
Ctrl+Alt+Del have no effect (so I have to reset the computer)

     Then I use the same USB keyboard in another computer, a cheap
DELL OptiPlex 745, but this time, I was able to press 2 to enter safe
mode.

     I've also tried another USB keyboard in OptiPlex GX620 but still
the same problem happened.

     I could help you investigate further the problem, if you tell me
what to do.

     TIA

     STF