All this talk about UIDE prompted me to investigate this tool. It looks
interesting.  How does the caching work for disk writes?  I assume that when
the cache is full the next sector read in will cause the oldest sector to be
written out?

Is there any sort of a timer which will flush the cache to the hard drive
periodically?  How do you make sure that the RAM cache is written to the disk?

I poked around in the documentation but did not find this information.