Hi,

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Bernd Blaauw <bbla...@home.nl> wrote:
> Op 18-5-2011 19:12, Preethi S. schreef:
>
> I need to create 40 MB disk space using tdsk.exe. I can able to create
> lesser space than this.
>
> Is there any way to accomplish this or is there any other tool? Any help is
> appreciated.

I'm pretty sure that Eric Auer once said TDSK has bugs with greater
than 32 MB sizes.

> * For extended memory (XMS) as ramdisk, all above drivers work
> * For expanded memory as ramdisk, no idea. Don't see the point as last 20
> years EMS has been emulated by using XMS

TDSK does EMS, XMS, or conventional memory. But yeah, it's old and has
a few quirks. What you really need for large RAM is XMSv3 ( = more
than 64 MB). My only complaint against SHSURDRV is that there are two
separate versions (XMSv2, XMSv3) instead of both integrated. Also
they're fairly bulky (for limited floppy use, anyways), probably due
to .img.z file support (zlib).

> I'd suggest using SHSURDRV by Jason Hood.

I'd actually suggest Jack Ellis' small RDISK (only 1.5 kb, IIRC).    :-)

http://johnson.tmfc.net/dos/driver.html