On 7/25/2011 6:52 PM, Bernd Blaauw wrote:
> Thanks for creating this. It means you're pretty close to a basic WGET,
> and also reminds me why I never liked HTGET: no support for FTP and
> REDIRECT/MOVED. URL parsing seems fine. Not sure if/how HTGET would
> respond to HTTPS://
>
> Example URL (responding with 403 / Moved):
> htget -o c:\fdbootcd.iso
> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.1-test2/fd11tst2.iso
>
> still HTGET will have its uses, just need to find specific files first :)
>
> Bernd

In this particular example HTGet returns the following:

     Server return code: 301 Moved Permanently
     New location:
ftp://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/micro/pc-stuff/freedos/files/distributions/1.1-test2/fd11tst2.iso

HTGet parsed the headers correctly and even told you where to get the
new content.  But the new location is FTP only.  I would call that an
error on the part of the admin who moved it. ;-0  There is a nice,
scriptable FTP client though ...

HTTPS is not supported in this version.  I'd need to get an encryption
library that runs well on an 8088 and does all of the key/certificate
negotiation.

Mike