At 08:16 PM 3/26/2012, Jack wrote:

>VERY funny "off topic", overheard today, which I just HAVE to share --
>
>What does a U.S. Age-20s "Slept Thru High-School" type, too old to say
>"The dog ate my homework!!", try to tell our apartment manager re: why
>he cannot help with his girlfriend's 3-week late rent??
>
>"The ATM ate my check!!"
>
>A valuable lesson, as I know little of the U.S. language "BratSpeak"!!

Not funny at all for me, as this seriously happened to me a few month
ago. Got to the bank 15min after closing and needed to get a check of
several hundred dollars in the account that day in order to prevent
bouncing my rent check which I had already dropped off with my
apartment manager in the morning. Took the better part of the next
day to get this all straighten out and I was lucky that the manager
of that particular bank where I normally go to made sure that there
was no overdraft charges as the rent check was indeed already cashed
the same day...

Ralf