There are a few books on the i8088 and i8086 chips out there and a
few books on DOS assembler: unfortunately my personal library's boxed
up at present so I can't quote titles.

But the DOS memory model/s are based on the various Intel chips from
i8088 right up to i80386; it'd be easiest to get your head around the
i8086 for starters.

Wesley Parish